Keep Calm and Stay Positive- Day 1- Hope

Are you wondering where is this coming from? Well, well, well, I am inspired. A bit too much. I started reading "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne (okay now don't give that 'I-should-have-read-it-earlier kind of look). I am done with reading it. What have I derived? Positive vibes. So much so that I am inspired to write an entire blog post on it. Rather, I am inspired to 'Stay Positive'. Going by the kind of person I am, I thought of challenging myself a step further. Hence, I am going to definitely follow what I have been inspired to do. Not for a day, but for an entire month. Thirty Days. Period!

What new am I going to do in these thirty days, I haven't yet thought about this. However, when a day of being positive can make me write this post. I wonder what can a month long of positive feel can make me do. I remember a friend of mine doing a month long culinary experiment on her blog during our Durga Puja festival. Now, my month long 'Stay Positive' posts might not have the culinary bit or it may have but it will surely have the positive energy. So, like my friend chose food as a medium, I choose poetry. Yes, I love to write poems. And, its been quite some time since I gave my mind a run for imagination.

Starting today, I shall post over a period of thirty days, 30 poems that will have as its theme- 'stay positive' mantra. Here goes, poem one-

HOPE

Do you know who am I?
I am Hope. 
The hope that you hope for when
in doubt, in fear, in joy, in sorrow.
I am Hope.
The hope that you feel when
you are heckled.
I am Hope.
The hope that you hope for
when 
in anxiety.
I am Hope.
The hope that you hold onto
when all the doors around are closed.
I am Hope.
The hope that you had been looking for
in your surroundings, your bed
your books, your letters
your pen, your phone
your room.
I am Hope.
The hope that you had been 
wanting to meet for long.
I am Hope.
The hope that you had been looking for
everywhere but within.
I am Hope. 
The hope that has clung to you
all this while that you had been
in doubt, in fear, in joy, in sorrow,
in your surroundings,
in your anxiety
in your stress
But you couldn't spot me,
How could you?
For you searched everywhere,
even at the almighty's
But the place
where I had been residing patiently,
all this while,
waiting for you to find me.
I am Hope.
Your friend for now and forever.
I am Hope.
With you for now and forever.
I am Hope.
Living within, YOU.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The city moves on

The Window

A RANDOM THOUGHT